Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sweating with the Animals

Kori, Rae, Austin, and Chance at mom's...
Packing our picnic and then we were off to the zoo to meet another family from our Cub Scout Den...we were working on some stuff for scouts, as well as spending fun time together--wish it hadn't been so hot! We managed to get there the same time they did...Nick had his grumpy moments, but so did Brittany! Anyways, it was a little hot at the zoo, but some of the animals were cool to get to see--right at a glass viewing, there was the lioness all awake staring right at us! Mr. Lion just slept with his back end in our face! We ate our lunch in the children's zoo, and around 2 we left--hit the Sonic Happy Hour for drinks and went home. The kids and I headed over to mom's apartment were we were going to swim. She already had Tommie's kids--Tommie went to an Astro's game to celebrate her birthday. It was fun at the pool--I couldn't get my hair wet due to the new coloring on Thursday...we then picked up some food--I got some Steak 'n Shake (since it's the only one around and right by her house)...and got Jack in the Box for everyone else...The kids had fun playing and hanging out with their cousins...We headed home with our little bit of sunburn from the day--mostly just cheeks on the kids and necks for Austin and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive