Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seeing Red

Taking my own picture...with new Red Highlights/dark brown hair...
After swim lessons, Austin and I ran to the Wal-Mart...picked up Brittany's sleepover invites--it's so cool that they do portrait invites...When back home, mom was there, and I made the kids grilled cheese and Ravioli's...Then, I left Austin with his work to do...and mom to supervise/"teach"...I headed to my hair place, and I let her have at it...she decided to go darker than last time--so it might last longer...the color turned out nice...and we just did a trim...no cut...trying to get it longer...back at home, and Austin had done his work...but not without giving grandma a bit of a hard time with the math...as if he didn't know how to do some simple subraction...I finished up his work that I needed to be there to do with him...we did that outside with popcorn and coke...I was ready to make dinner and the biggest incident happened--now, if you are not from down South, you may not get this...but the grossest, scariest thing to me is the Tree roaches--especially the large flying ones...anyways, I took out this package of chicken coating that you use to bake chicken with...it comes with 2 packets...one had been used before...when I pulled the stuff out...this HUGE tree roach (you can't really "treat" for these like the other littler--also gross--kind) came out to...running across my counter and behind the Kitchenaid...I SCREAMED and shook...I don't do well with theses things...Brittany doesn't get it--"it's just a bug!"...anyways, my mom was the one to move everything...get it out (but not before it ran on top of my Kitchenaid and the coffee maker and up the wall and across the counter (AHHHH!!!!) and she swept it done to the floor...smashing it with the broom...my savior! I was still so shook up it was hard to think about cooking dinner and touching anything in the pantry...Finally managing to calm down, I made the chicken using crushed fried onions for some and just regular Italian bread crumbs for the others...combined with steamed rice and veggies and some French-style green beans, it was a healthy dinner. Later after taking Brittany to Girl Scouts, Austin wanted to ride his bike; so, while Nick mowed the front lawn, I watched him ride...he even stopped and picked a flower and had me put it in my hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive