Sunday, March 29, 2009

Friday Camping


Nick and the big bass that Austin caught...Austin is there with his friend and friend's dad...
Friday was spent at Huntsville State Park. I got there real early to get the sites...we got in the good loop. I then set up the tent...by myself...then, went to get lunch. While we were out, it started raining...we got back to the campsite and it was still raining off and on, with some thunder and lightning...then we went to the car. I tried taking a nap in the tent, until other families started coming. Nick finally got there with a ride from another dad with his 2 sons. Austin had decided he wanted to go fishing on the bank of one of our sites by the lake. He then catches a fish--the biggest catch of the whole camping trip...of anyone! I called the men over and they couldn't believe it...Austin's little Superman fishing pole caught a big one...and not with any edible bait! He didn't want to hold it though. Everyone else started arriving, and then we had a campfire at our site. I got to make the smoritos from Sandra Lee--pretty good too... There was also s'mores making and just marshmallow roasting too. That night it got cold...and WINDY! The tent was sure shaking... (more of the camping trip in the Saturday post...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive