Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTmas Eve Celebrating

Brittany and Austin with the cookies and milk for Santa...
Ahh...CHRISTmas Eve...I was told this morning to get up because it was Christmas Eve...Austin was soooo excited. I, of course, could only think about how everything Santawise was not all wrapped yet. But, there they were...up early...in my bed... Anyways, we went to McDonald's for lunch...craving the McRib, I was! Quick stop at Kroger for cookie creating supplies and a couple other things. I cleaned a little in the kitchen, got the oven heated, and started rolling out the dough for cut-out cookies. We made a few before it was time to head to church. No fancy dress for Brittany this year...oh to 12 year-old Tween Girls! Anyways, the service was nice...the candles with kids always scares me! After having cookies at church, we went home and were joined by Philip, Jennifer, Abigail, and Samuel to make pizzas. There was also cookie-decorating. Brittany and Austin opened their 1 gift for Christmas Eve...tradition being the one from each other. They gave each other 2 Lil'Kins each...both on the computer very quickly logging them in. After a break from the computer, they sat out the milk and cookies for Santa...posing for my pics. Nick read them Twas the Night Before Christmas. Then, brush teeth--BED! Austin was having a hard time going to sleep...Nick had to lay with him. He usually goes right to sleep. Brittany says she won't be going to sleep...that she didn't last year...she will be up to see everything in the middle of the night. At this point, I finished my Santa part...Nick is doing his--putting together the Rock Band for Wii in front of the tree. Also, there are people in our neighborhood shooting off fireworks--at 12:15 a.m.--it could get ugly between them and Nick if this goes on too late... Well, I can't wait to see the excitement in the morning, and I don't know how Christmas went and snuck up on me...it must have been my little trip last week. Good night, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our LORD JESUS CHRIST--the Greatest Gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive