Austin eating his hard tack...Field trip day! George Ranch to be exact...to experience life in Civil War time period...they drilled for the military...learned about the different uniforms...pretended to be in a school of the time...learned about the manners of the time period...and ate some hard tack (well, Brittany didn't want to try it but it tastes like a cracker and is made of flour, salt, and water...) We went with the sleep-over friends, and then we had McDonald's lunch, before I took them home. We weren't sure the field trip was still going to happen when it was raining so bad in the morning, but it cleared up fine...my shoes got soaked before that, though!
It was nice to hear from Laura B. today...I think about her and Christy's family there in Ohio all the time. I really need to visit with Colin. He is getting so big! I always think about how different it would be for me, with her still here. That was her baby she soooo wanted. And I soooo wanted it for her too.
Anyhow, I got some "things" for my Bunco outfit. The theme is black and orange, and there is a contest for attire. You'll have to wait and see what I come up with for Thursday! Here's a hint...orange and black!

can't wait to see the orange and black!
ReplyDeletei'm not wearing anything special tonite to BUNCTOBERFEST, just one of the new tops i bought this weekend at Ann Taylor Loft with some black shorts or capris. sure, i could wear my old Czech costume (if i could still fit it!) - would that be weird? :)