Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yes I Am!!!

Austin and Nick sitting by the banks of the Brazos River...
...Going to Disney again this year! I've never gone at Christmastime or on my birthday for that matter...they offered a free dining over for that week...I knew Nick couldn't go--he'll be in Austin for work and doesn't have any more days anyway...my mom can go with a zillion vacation days and will split the cost...I contemplated all week due to missing a couple of things that week and right before Christmas and all...in the end, Nick convinced me with the whole "whatever, you never know when you might get to go again and it's not that expensive" I have been so giddy with the excitement of planning and thinking about all the Christmas stuff that I've always wanted to see and do at Disney. It doesn't even matter about the rides--been there, done that...it's all the new and different aspects of stuff...Oh, I can hardly wait!

Anyhoo...we went to Stephen F. Austin State Park today...to check it out for the Cub Scout pack...since we are going there in November for the weekend, and I am the Outdoor Chair and all...it was fun wondering the trails and eating our packed sandwich lunch by the Brazos River...thinking about how many years ago Stephen F. Austin, the father of Texas and one of its presidents, walked along these same areas...pretty cool! The mosquitoes were driving us nuts, and we had to be weary of the poison ivy growing along the trails, but other than that it was fun just being in nature and enjoying the time with just Austin and Nick. Brittany is still off enjoying the church retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive