Saturday, February 27, 2010

Armadillos Everywhere

Brittany and Austin on a stop along our hike...
Up and out of the tent, we saw the beautiful sun shining...Nick set to getting help with jump-starting the car...that worked out, but there is still something wrong on the dashboard with the lights...breakfast with pancakes and bacon...the new camp stove with griddle worked out great! The kids couldn't wait to do some fishing...they were off to the spot right at our site...nothing caught...we headed down to the pier in the camping area...nothing caught...the sun was sooooo nice out though! We even got a little bit pink on the face...Austin back of neck even...I went around checking out the sites...doing a little research for when I bring the Cub Scouts later...saw sites are better than others...Then it was lunch time--grilled cheese and turkey with spaghetti o's and meatballs...yum! Rest time! I seriously napped too...Nick as well...kids--not so much! Then, it was hiking time...we set out on a good trail and had a nice time...the weather was just great! We stopped at a let area with several benches and the kids put on a skit for us...we saw birds, turtles, and armadillos...I took the kids to check out the Nature Center, and there was some turtles and baby alligators...we took a little trip in town and tried to get ice cream cones at McDonald's, but their machine wasn't working...so, off to Sonic we went! When we got back, we worked on dinner--foil packets (silver turtles) with chicken, carrots, potatoes, and Italian dressing...cooked on hot charcoals...they turned out great...we also made an apple/yellow cake dump cake in the dutch oven...all the while we enjoyed a nice, warm fire...we also did s'mores or just marshmallows...we played a game Brittany made up and the kids put on skits...we cleaned up and headed off to the tent...I slept in more layers tonight, and Nick joined me on the good air mattress...I fell asleep before everyone else, but oh the noisy birds and the highway close by...I need earplugs next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive