Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stepping Into the Texas Past

Austin and Brittany busy pickin' cotton seeds out of the cotton...that's brown cotton...
Busy day (again)...up early to head to George Ranch...educational class...Austin was more into it than Brittany...there was cooking, cotton pickin', spark starting, animal tending, log pulling, and more...It was very informative and a good morning...we ate lunch in the car on the way home, and then it was on to schoolwork! Austin has been a real trooper about doubling up some work to not be too behind from last week--now I know this is all about what I say is "behind" but still...Then, I was off to Girl Scouts with Brittany...we worked out all the tents and such for tomorrow...my busy camping weekend will begin! Now, I'm going to pack a bit and be off to bed...got to go early to get the 2 sites next to each other and closest to bathrooms...

3 comments:

  1. cotton picking?! i would like to see that! my dad along with all his brothers and sisters used to pick cotton growing up on the farm in moulton. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said that it wasn't so bad...Brittany said she could do it all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll be sure to tell that the next time i hear one of them complaining. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Google

Blog Archive