Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Father-in-Law Laid to Rest

Me, Nick, Ali, Matthew, Matt, Lana, Eddie, and Scott...
It was a day of sadness and a time of closure...The morning began heading off to the funeral home...it's a very short walk from in-laws house...Ali and I set up the pictures...she did a good job getting that all together. There was an open casket viewing for close family...Nick, Scott, Ali and Matt went. There was a visitation about a half hour later...that was closed casket...the funeral was lead by the minister with a cousin and brother spoke. Nick, Eddie, Matt, Scott, Ed's 2 brothers John and Dick were tasked with carrying the casket to the car...I rode with Lana, Ali, Eddie, and Scott in the limo behind...Nick rode with Matt and baby Matthew behind us. There were VFW members there for the veteran send-off. The guns kind of startled us...we couldn't see them...We left and went to the wake at his cousin Patty's church. There was so much food...it was nice to visit...always seems weird to take pictures...but we did...After all of that, we headed back to change and rest. We lost Scott somewhere...Ali, Matt, and baby Matthew headed to there home with Eddie. We would come out later with Scott...we found him at the bar close by...he then decided he would stay with his Uncle John. We headed to Ali's...quickly jumping in her van to go this Mongolian Buffet...which turned out great...you pick out all this different meat...veggies...sauces...etc....they cook it up on the heated skillet thing...Ali and I both ordered these Long Island Iced Tea things...so strong! I was like buzzing on one...needed more food! Oh, they also give you rice at your table--white and brown...I had to also finish an-almost-full drink of Ali's...wow was I drinking...it was all great...I was ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive