Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter's New Life

Carolina, Baby Sophia--a new niece, and Bob Richard...after delivery...
Austin and Brittany posing in their Easter finest...with basket goodies...
It was a hard night to get to sleep...then, when getting up, I called for an update on Carolina. She was at 6 cm...it had been a hard time with contractions and then she got an epidural. She said she wanted me there. So, I showered...took a quick pic in my Easter dress...changed into jeans and a shirt and was on my way...after making sure the kids checked out the Easter baskets and would be ready to get off to church with Nick. I arrived and she had the shakes bad and had a 102 fever. Not good! She was at risk of getting an infection with her water having been broke for about 12 hours. The doctor checked, and she was a 7. Had she been ready to push it would have been different, but there was no telling how much longer it was going to take; so, the best option was a c-section. She was a bit emotional about that idea...very understandable! She was prepped and off, Bob waited to be taken back--Baby Sophia was born on Easter 04/12/09 at 10:08 a.m. She was 6 lbs. 10 oz and 19 inches long. She seems to be doing great, but she is going to be under a lot of monitoring. Carolina was finally moved and was feeling lots better. I, or anyone else but Bob, would be able to see Sophia were they had her; so, once I knew Carolina was good and ready to rest (Bob too!) I headed out. I stopped at another room to visit a friend--Jennifer who is going through a lot with her 4 baby. She is at 34 weeks and on hospital monitoring due to some blood issues. They are talking about having her deliver her baby girl by c-section tomorrow or Tuesday.

After lots of phone calls to Ohio and such, I was ready to get on with Easter at home. Nick was good to take some pictures of the kids in their clothes. I got home to enjoy some of the brisket meal, and then we did our egg hunt...it was a little wet and muddy, but it still worked out. We watched the deleted scenes and specials on the Twilight DVD. We also went out and rode bikes a little. I need to get to some lesson planning and Cub Scout meeting prep. I will be spending time out tomorrow, while the roofers are pounding away...Hope everyone had a wonderful EASTER...new life is a wonderful thing...and perfect little nieces, that I can't wait to hold are such a blessing...if you want to see the pics, please go to my Facebook page...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive