Here is me taking a picture of myself at Slick Willie's at the Duranie Meet Up before hand...It was a topsy-turvy day. I woke up feeling horrible! I was having horrible pains in my stomach, and I refused to think I was too sick to go to a Duran Duran concert! I was crying and so upset...kept sleeping and trying to make it go away. My mom came and brought some medicine, and I was feeling some better. I just got ready and headed to Darlene's to meet her and Marlene for the concert. We all wore red, with some black...Red Carpet Masacre. We went to Slick Willie's in Bayou Place, where the Verizon Wireless Theatre also was, for a Duranie meet-up put on by Duranie friend Dawn. It was fun, but with my stomach, no food or drink for me--except some water. We headed over to the venue at 7, and when our tickets got scanned the lady told us we were being relocated. I was like--closer, right? She said yes. We got moved to center, 5th row! It rocked! Anyhow, we went to buy our "stuff". All 3 of us got the skinny-fit Red with black pic of the band and album title shirts. I got a program, which I like getting. We also all 3 got a Red RCM pin. I saw Sara and her husband come as well. The opening band was ok--very Killers-sounding. When they came out, we just screamed so much and it was an awesome show from start to finish...and hilarious moments. Simon forgetting some words on Save a Prayer, and his face was just priceless, when he looked over to one of the other members. He had caught Nick's cold, so there was a lot of him blowing nose and getting a lot more water to drink than normal. Marlene had made this great sign, but some girl was crawling across the seats in front of us and ripped a bit on the bottom and spilled some drink on it. We still used it for awhile though. Afterwards, we went and waited were they come out. When they finally emerged, Nick, John, his wife Gela (co-owner of Juicy Couture) went in one of the Lincoln Town cars. The next to come out was Simon, who left with the body guard...he said, "I love you too" in all his sassiness to us all out there. Then, soon came Roger and the sax player Simon and the guitarist Dom Brown...they were heading to the white van, but they were so nice to come over, and Roger signed my original album CD cover. Marlene and Darlene got him to sign the inset of the RCM album pic of himself. That was cool. It was too dark for a good picture of him. We had a blast, and all day I ate zero (still haven't eaten anything...but the "sickness" is there--thanks Nick...) Also, to see more pics, go to my myspace page or facebook page...

the show last night was AWESOME!!! 5th row. i still can't believe it -- going from row T to E! whoohoo! all of us in our red... simon strutting his stuff all night... the sign -- the person behind marlene tapping her and telling her to put it down... ha! all good times! i can't wait for the next one! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, annoying tapper! I need your pics! Where are they!? thanks, Crystal
ReplyDeleteyeah, D, where are your pics!? did either of you get any while Roger stopped to sign stuff!?
ReplyDelete