Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday and Sunday Special

That's Austin holding a real live alligator (notice the tape around his mouth!!!)

It was a very busy, exhausting, head-achey day. Well, Austin's sleep-over fun continued--they had so much fun just playing and all...his friend did not want to leave! We left around noon, and after working our way around construction shut-downs we made it to the Scout Fair. I had no idea what to expect. You really could spend the whole day doing stuff. It was huge! We made sure to hit the Boy Scouts outside--cooking with free samples! We had lots of chili, homemade root bear, dump cakes and cobblers, chips, monkey bread, box oven pizza, and more! We worked our own packs booth and were in charge of clean-up and take home. Thank goodness another family in our pack was there to help--we didn't bring the bigger vehicle... But it was all fun. We then hit Sonic for some slushes, and we went to Miller Outdoor for a performance of Peter Pan. It is always fun to watch the shows on the lawn and all, but we needed more blankets--it was defenitly cooler than we thought it would be. I also started getting a headache and no one had anything...it got worse and worse to were I felt like I'd throw-up...I some how managed the ride home--trying to keep my eyes closed and recline back. I went straight to bed with Tylenol Nick gave me, and around 4 a.m.--I kinda woke up feeling totally better but dosed off to enjoy Sunday-----

Way in the right-side corner--in the dark--Austin receiving his God and Me scout religious award at church...


Today was another busy one--up for church, having to stay for the first part of the second service, where Austin was receiving his Cub Scout religious award--God and Me. We had worked on it at home together, and then Austin met with our children's pastor to talk about what he had learned. We then had to get home and get food ready--ham (yum), from scratch mashed potatoes, Velveeta shells and cheese, and greeen bean casserole (well-that got nixed for just heating up the green beans). This was all for our home team (Bible study group with a massive amount of kids)...this all went very well, we did an intro lesson for a new study. Austin was being very moody about the boys messing up his room. Anyways, Austin then was dropped off at Awana--got the rest of his red and green jewels. I then continued on to a baby shower, and it was very nice. It was at Los Cucos and the appetizers were very yummy. I then watched my Big Brother and planned to get to bed early (after I make sure school stuff is ready!)


Oh, and I feel bad that so much was with Austin; so, here is a Bonus Brittany pic:

Brittany eating her Sonic chili-cheese coney at Miller Outdoor before the performance...looks nice and sunny now, but not for long!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive