This is Christy and I at her baby shower in November of 2006...one of 2 pics I have of just the 2 of us together.This is a week that I have been thinking a lot about Christy...tomorrow will mark a year ago that I last talked to her...on the phone, where she called me from the hospital. Then, I heard the next morning that she was gone. It has been a whirlwind year--the emotions of it all are crazy...it is a huge loss in friendship for me...and somehow it feels like more than losing a best friend, but like losing a part of myself...we were the same and many ways and still different to, but the way we could work to gather and talk about things was just unbelievable--we could finish thoughts and know just what the other was thinking. I could go on and on but I'm going to leave it at that today.
Well, today was another school day with nothing special planned. I made dinner--pork loin and veggies and mashed potatoes and we actually all sat at the table with the places set. That's always nice. Of course, we quick turned to moving on to Survivor. Okay, I'm getting sleepy so I'm off to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment