Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy 51

Simon LeBon...51 years old today...wow!
So, couldn't sleep last night...some crazy stomach pains...heartburn, indigestion, anxiety...all kinds of that...anyways, got up and got ready...did some work...mom came by...headed to the movies--Where the Wild Things Are...obviously a lot of changes from the book, a book that I and the kids (one of Austin's favorites) love...teachers all love it...it was longer than I thought it would be and very deep and emotional...Austin was so sad at the end...he's more emotional and sensitive like that...my stomach wasn't doing much better when returning home...did some school but at one point felt nauseous...laid down...Austin even came in the bed to read with me...rested a little...got some coupons and my list together...mom headed home, and when Nick got home we made crunchy tacos...I made semi-homemade salsa, thanks again to that wonderful recipe from friend Stephanie, and I also got those bananas thrown into a banana bread, which I sprinkled with chocolate chips on top! Headed off to Kroger and made some deals...picking up free Spam Singles and free nut clusters...also got some stew meat, since I have carrots, potatoes, and celery to use...oh, and with $1.00 off Blue Bell and at 3 for $10...hello! I was just mad they don't have Butter Crunch out...my favorite! Anyhow, got home and watched both episode of Dancing with the Stars...still have So You Think You Can Dance to watch...crazy...read Where the Wild Things Are to Austin, with Nick and Brittany in the room...then Austin read it to Nick and I...Brittany and I are going to be reading The Outsiders...Yay! I think she'll like it as much as I do...who knows...but then we can watch the movie!!!

So, without further ado...HAPPY 51ST BIRTHDAY MR. SIMON LEBON OF DURAN DURAN!!! (Interesting thing...I turn 38 in December...that means he is 13 years older than me...my mom turns 67 in November, making her 16 years older than him...I figured that out today, making that kind of interesting how almost in between us he is...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive