Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fiesta and Siesta

Brittany riding the swings at Fiesta Texas...
Saturday morning I was up early to head to San Antonio with Brittany and her Girl Scout troop for a end-of-year trip to Fiesta Texas...we made a stop at a Girl Scout house in Seguin to drop off our stop...then we were off to the theme park. The weather was nice...the water park part was refreshing...I took some issues to things, which I don't really feel like getting into...the girls had fun...our leader Ms. Janet had to go to First Aid for getting overheated and dehydrated...we made it back that night to the Girl Scout house and tried to sleep--I guess most did...my air mattress seems to have a leak somewhere...it went dead...and I was sleeping on the hard floor! Sucks! Plus there were known large bugs in the kitchen...I had birds and a hard floor waking me up very early...after packing and cleaning, we headed to McDonald's and then Buccees...ah, Buccees...yummy kolaches and Beaver Nuggets...and to think I'll be back there on Wednesday...I should have slept when I got back, but I didn't...

Nick and Austin went with Nana and Uncle Eddie to Galveston...they stayed over night and the beach and the weather, I heard--were wonderful. There were jellyfish in the water that Austin got to see, but thankfully didn't get stung. They had lots of seafood--Fisherman's Wharf, Gaidos, and Shrimp and Stuff--which my mother-in-law says was her favorite--score 1 for me! (I love the place too--little jealous I am!) but we may be back for some water park fun...So, now I head to bed, where tomorrow I work on some summer job lesson plans, cleaning the kitchen, and getting my Disney dining reservations taken care of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive