Friday, December 12, 2008

Travel Day...Snow in Southern Louisiana

Austin and Brittany playing with the snow outside the Chick Fil A in Louisina...
Early leaving for Florida...6:18 a.m. to be exact! The first crazy moment was seeing snow along the interstate about 30 minutes to Beaumont. The kids were getting hungry for breakfast; so, we pulled in for some Burger King a few minutes before Louisiana, and then ate it at the Welcome Center. Louisiana is always a long drive, but we always stop for lunch on the I-12 section...the section where we saw lots of snow on the ground and houses and everywhere...Brittany thought I should just pull over to the side of the road; so, she could get it in her hands. We stopped for lunch at Chick Fil A, and they played in some snow first...it was sunny and not really that cold, but there was the snow still. The people said it hadn't snowed in many years, and one of the employees there told me she had 6 inches where she lived! That's crazy! So, after eating, they played a bit more...getting a little wet, but it was a fun break. I love how Austin is in short-sleeves throwing snow around...no gloves, coat, or hats needed! Anyways, with us having stopped at each welcome center on the last 2 years September Disney trips, the kids just didn't feel like it this time. I took a pic at the Mississippi sign with them, but we didn't go inside. In Alabama, I went to the restroom and just took a sign pic...they weren't getting out. In Florida, Austin was asleep, and Brittany didn't even want to stop! She was busy reading Twilight! Anyways, we made it to our hotel, and we had dinner at Cracker Barrel--always yummy! So, my mom, the kids, and myself will be arriving in Orlando tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! Keep our travels and the car functioning in your prayers...the last time I drove by myself with my mom, the car gave us big trouble on this last leg. Oh, and by the way, some of you will be getting your Christmas cards postmarked from Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google

Blog Archive