Austin and Brittany at COSI in Columbus, Ohio--one of the funnest places there...Well, first of all--sorry for no blog...I didn't even take any pictures the last couple of days. Let's just start with Tuesday--went to COSI with the kids...they had a blast! They didn't want to leave. They make science and history and learning so much fun! There were live shows with audience participation--Austin helped in shocking others. There was rats playing basketball and clouds and fireworks thanks to liquid nitrogen (I need to find that stuff!) I won't go into it all, but they really enjoyed everything there... We then headed back to Ali and Matt's for our last night in Ohio. We played games some more. Lana was there too. It rained and stormed (so hard that the house shook). Austin was feeling ignored because of the baby and went upstairs. Around 6 he had fallen asleep, and we didn't see him again until morning... It was so sad to think we would be leaving and getting back to life at home in Houston. I was also getting anxiety, which I think was in part due to the impending driving and then all the other stuff I needed to do when I got home. It was so nice to see everyone and meet and play with my new nephew. He is so precious, and I so wish we could all be closer.
Anyways, the kids and I headed out that Wednesday morning. It was raining--really hard...making it hard to see when driving. I managed to make it right outside Dayton to visit with Christy's mom and grandma on their farm. It was nice to see her room and the home she grew up in. I enjoyed the talk and went down to the cemetery. She even had a voice message still saved that Christy had sent her dad about a year or so before she passed away. That really brought me to tears. Don't even get me going on how much I miss her and how lonely I still feel sometimes with out her.... Well, we headed off again. Brittany was my navigator with the GPS ont he laptop, and she did great. We never really stopped for lunch--Burger King drive thru...eat it in the car. I wasn't the least bit sleepy on the day of driving...the kids didn't even sleep or fight or cause me to yell. It went great. We made it to our hotel in downtown Little Rock--picking up McDonalds dinner to eat in the room, and a very nice room and hotel it was--thank you Hotwire! There was so pool time and a really nice massage shower head shower...ahh.
Then, we got in the car on Thursday to make it home. A little free breakfast at the hotel and then off. I managed to get gas for $3.71--cheapest the whole trip. I was a little sleepier this day. That meant stopping for sit down lunch at Applebee's in Marshall, TX. That was refreshing... It was also harder being mostly on Highway versus Interstate. Well, Sonic Happy Hour rolled around and we were saved! Love the Dr. Pepper with cherry and vanilla. Also got a 99 cent milkshake--yummy! We made it home, and I was smart enough to get myself on the HOV lane passing lots of cars in traffic...Brittany laughed at them...and then to unpack!!!
Today I went to the store, went to the gym, worked on some stuff, did laundry, and am getting ready to go with Brittany to waterpark with Girl Scouts tomorrow. Oh, and we had Sonic milkshakes again...did I mention I'm addicted to Sonic drinks??? Well, Sonic Happy Hour rocks and the new 99 cent milkshakes are also wonderful! I will be back to the daily blog--I promise!!!


welcome back!
ReplyDeletei hadn't heard about the 99 cent milkshakes at sonic - so thank you very much! i love their corn dogs and banana splits!
ReplyDelete