Thursday, February 7, 2008

An "Ink"ventful Day...

Brittany and Austin trying out the Gutenberg Printing Press
We left early for a great field trip to one of only 2 Museums of Printing History in the US. It was a great tour. The tour guide was so funny and knowledgable. We started with the Gutenberg, then to Columbian Printing Press (used in 1800s), then to the Linotype machine, and on. We watched a cute Disney-made movie called "Ben and Me" that gives info on Ben Franklin (of course it tells that a mouse was responsible for all the great things that Ben did...) Anyhow, the kids got to print the Declaration of Independence and take it home with them. They learned and had fun.

We then joined Nick for lunch. We went to this Mexican place by his work. He goes there a lot, but I didn't think it was so super great. Anyways, we then went home and did some school. Brittany had Girl Scouts and came back finishing up on a patch-design contest entry for the upcoming Service Unit camping weekend. I managed to hit the gym...some guy kept bothering me with his smiling and I don't know about going alone now. Anyways, other great news...Survivor--Fans Vs. Favorites started today. Big Bother will be starting next Tuesday. Still don't know how I will ever keep up.



1 comment:

Google

Blog Archive